Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) organised a training course on “Poverty Reduction Policies” within the framework of the OIC Capacity Poverty Alleviation Programme (OIC-PAP) on 29-30 April 2014 in Almirqab, Kuwait. The course was provided by Mr. Caner Esenyel, Family and Social Policy Expert in the Ministry of Family and Social Policies of Turkey, and attended by experts from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour of Kuwait.
The training course on "Poverty Reduction Policies" mainly covered the following subjects;
- Poverty Alleviation and Social Assistance System
- Targeting Mechanisms of the Social Safety Net Systems
- Use of ICT for the Implementation of Social Assistance Programs
- Project support in the field of social assistance
- Conditional Cash Transfer Program
- Social Policy and Social Assistance