The Centre organised a training course on “Health Statistics” at the Central Statistics Department of the United Arab Emirates, on October 12-14, 2009. The course was provided by Ms. Azhar Adelaal Mokhtar, expert from the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) of the Arab Republic of Egypt and was attended by 20 staff members of the Central Statistics Department of the United Arab Emirates.
The training course on “Health Statistics” mainly covered the following subjects:
- Health Statistics (Introduction and Definitions)
- Sources of Health Statistics
- Errors and Obstacles in Health Statistical Data Compilation
- The Role of Health Statistics in Development and the MDGs.
- Measurements and Indicators of Mortality Rates, Various Diseases, and Health Vulnerability
- Measurements and Indicators of Health Services and Health Systems
- Applications on various Health Measurements and Indicators
The aim of this training course was to improve the statistical capacity building and performance of the Central Statistics Department of the United Arab Emirates on “Health Statistics”.
For more information regarding the StatCaB Programme, please visit the Capacity Building Programme page.