The Centre organised a training course on “Statistical Data Analysis: Projections and Forecasting” at the Department of Statistics of Malaysia, on December 14-16, 2009. The course was provided by Dr. Ali Said, expert from the BPS-Statistics Indonesia and was attended by 30 staff members of the Department of Statistics of Malaysia.
The training course on “Statistical Data Analysis: Projections and Forecasting” mainly covered the following subjects:
- Importance of Forecasting and Projection
- Methods of Forecasting
- Quantitative Method
- Time Series
- Components of Time Series
- Steps of Time Series Analysis
- Questions of Matter
- Measures of Forecast Accuracy
- Using Growth Rate for Forecasting
- Trend Models
- Smoothing Procedures
- Modern Approach to Forecasting
- Population and Labour Force Projection
- Using Regression Model in Forecasting
The aim of this training course was to improve the statistical capacity building and performance of the Department of Statistics of Malaysia on “Statistical Data Analysis: Projections and Forecasting”.
For more information regarding the StatCaB Programme, please visit the Capacity Building Programme page.