The Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRIC) organised a training Course on “Payment Systems” at the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on 25-27 January 2011. The Course was provided by Ms. Sinem Kamiloğlu, an expert from the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, and was attended by 15 specialists of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The training course on “Payment Systems” mainly covered the following subjects:
- Introduction to the Payment Systems in Turkey
- Turkish Interbank Clearing - Electronic Funds Transfer System (TIC-RTGS)
- Turkish Interbank Clearing - Electronic Security Transfer and Settlement (TIC-ESTS)
- Retail Payment Systems
- A Day in TIC-RTGS and TIC-ESTS
- Future Projects in Turkish Payment System
The aim of this training course was to improve the Central Banks Capacity building and performance of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on “Payment Systems”.