The Bilkent Library Loan System
Our Centre has signed a protocol with the Bilkent Library on 1st September 2007 which covers a mutual book borrowing agreement. The following steps are to be followed if you are going to borrow a book
from the Bilkent Library:
If this is the first time you are going to borrow something from the Bilkent Library:
- Download and print the Library Loan Form from the SESRIC intranet (http://intranet/files/Bilkent_Loan_Form.pdf).
- Fill it in and get it signed by the SESRIC Librarian.
- Submit the Library Loan Form along your photo and SESRIC ID card to the Bilkent Library Desk near the entrance of the Bilkent Library Building.
- When they ask for an e-mail address, please give a valid working e-mail.
- Get your Bilkent Library ID card.
Those who have already obtained a Bilkent Library ID card
- Do not forget to renew the Library Loan Form at the start of each semester (March 1st, July 1st and October 1st ). For example if you submitted your Library Loan Form to the Bilkent Library at 5th
March, you are free to borrow books with only your Bilkent Library ID card until 1st July. But after this date has passed, you resubmit one more Library Loan Form.
Some rules of the Bilkent Library are:
- The reader can borrow at most 5 (five) books at one time for a maximum duration of 1 month.
- When you lose a book, you have to pay for it.
- If you delay a borrowed book for more than 10 days, you will be punished with a 1 year ban.
- If you delay 2 books for more than 5 days, you will be punished with a 1 year ban.
Kindly be informed that the protocol with Bilkent Library doesn’t cover the VPN usage of
Bilkent Network. The Bilkent VPN (and access to all databases etc.) is only available while in the
premises of the Bilkent Library.