The Centre organised a training course on “Statistical Data Analysis” at the National Institute of Statistics and Demography Burkina Faso on 01-03 August 2011. The Course was provided by Mr. Guindo Sidiki, an expert at the Senegal National Agency of Statistics and Demography.
The training course on “Statistical Data Analysis” mainly covered the following subjects:
- Basics of statistical data treatment
- Statistician`s Approach in the work
- Refreshment of some data manipulations.
- United and diverse elements of descriptive statistics
- Limitations of descriptive statistics
- Multidimensional data analysis
- The general principle of multidimensional data analysis.
- Analysis of a quantitative variable table: Principal Component Analysis.
- Analysis of a crossing two variables table: the simple correspondence analysis.
- Analysis of an array of variable quality: The multiple correspondence analysis
- The methods of automatic classification.
- Construction of a synthetic indicator
- Principle of building a composite indicator by factorial methods
- Example of constructing composite indicator based on the methods of factor analysis.